Nominations for the Ecosystem Science Council opened on Tuesday 1 October and close on Saturday 31 October 2020.
The Ecosystem Science Council works to advance the goals of Foundations for the Future: a long-term plan for Australian ecosystem science, working with all individuals, groups and organisations within the ecosystem science and management communities.
Foundations for the Future offers an exciting blueprint for the future of Australian ecosystem science, and the Council has a vital role to play in helping transform this vision into a reality.
The Council is made up of 11 people from a cross-section of the sectors and ecosystem science-related disciplines described in Foundations for the Future. Council members serve four-year terms, and they work together to oversee the implementation of Foundations for the Future, with four key responsibilities:
- facilitating communication and coordination across the ecosystem science community
- coordinating the delivery of activities outlined in Foundations for the Future
- seeking resources to support the delivery of activities outline in Foundations for the Future, including the activities of the Council itself and other working groups
- reviewing and evaluating progress towards the goals of Foundations for the Future
Before nominating, please read the Terms of Reference for the Council in detail to ensure you understand the role of the Council and expectations of its members.
If you’d like to discuss anything in more detail please email Dr Anita Smyth, the Council’s Election Officer.
How to nominate
Nominations will be accepted via an email to Election Officer up to midnight, Wednesday 31 October. All nominations must include:
- A one-page summary of your CV;
- A statement of your motivation for serving on the Council and capacity for the role (no more than 2 pages); and
- A signed statement indicating that you subscribe to the principles and ideals outlined for the Council, and that you are willing to commit the required time and energy to undertake the Council’s work.
Please prepare these three items in a single file (.docx or .pdf format). Incomplete nominations will not be accepted.
Once your nomination material is ready, please submit via email to the Council’s Election Officer
Please note: the material you provide in your nomination document will be shared with registered voters and on the website as a Council member.